I have a manufactured home in Massachusetts. The home has a 12' x 24' "3 Season" room. The room is actually used year-round because it has electric baseboard heat, a woodstove, and is connected to my central air. All of the windows are roughly 4' x 5' thermopane sliding windows. The room was manufactured by Silver-Top in Maryland (silver-top.com). The type of roof is their metal "bridge-braced" (curved). The walls above and below the windows are 2" with a foamboard insulation core. The interior ceiling is suspended with insulation between the ceiling panels and the metal roof. The insulation is pink in plastic bags. There is no vapor barrier so I have an incredible condensation problem causing the ceiling panels to become stained. I am going to remove the suspended ceiling and install beadboard to follow the curve of the roog. I'll have approximately 3" between the beadboard and the metal roof in which I intend to install insulation. Questions: How do I prevent condensation?
What type of insulation would provide the best R-value? (foam panels, fiberglass, blown-in expanding foam,....)
Should I and how would I vent this space?
Should I use beadboard panels?
Thanks for any and all help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes