I have a manufactured home in Massachusetts. The home has a 12' x 24' "3 Season" room. The room is actually used year-round because it has electric baseboard heat, a woodstove, and is connected to my central air. All of the windows are roughly 4' x 5' thermopane sliding windows. The room was manufactured by Silver-Top in Maryland (silver-top.com). The type of roof is their metal "bridge-braced" (curved). The walls above and below the windows are 2" with a foamboard insulation core. The interior ceiling is suspended with insulation between the ceiling panels and the metal roof. The insulation is pink in plastic bags. There is no vapor barrier so I have an incredible condensation problem causing the ceiling panels to become stained. I am going to remove the suspended ceiling and install beadboard to follow the curve of the roog. I'll have approximately 3" between the beadboard and the metal roof in which I intend to install insulation. Questions: How do I prevent condensation?
What type of insulation would provide the best R-value? (foam panels, fiberglass, blown-in expanding foam,....)
Should I and how would I vent this space?
Should I use beadboard panels?
Thanks for any and all help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!