"Encapsulating " asbestos tile
Floor tile containing asbestos is actually quite safe unless it is broken to pieces or you use mechanical action (such as machine scrubbing)while it is dry.I personally would leave it alone or have it removed by professionals.
Ditto w/what Matches said. Wherever there are loose or missing pieces, remove what's loose and use a filler to 'level' the floor, and go ahead and install your padding and carpeting. The leveler compound can be bought at any Home Center.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING