New underlayment is cracking
Among others, it could be the result of a 'light' mix or fast drying or too thick of a layer. To be safe, I'd first review your instructions, then ctc. the MFGR. for guidance. It's possible that water/moisture was 'absorbed' by the underlying substrate too, thus causing a light mix. Also, if the room/house is dry, it could have dried too fast. Also, if the room below is REALLY warm, that too, could affect the situation. Get all your 'ducks' lined up and ctc the MFGR.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: They may advise a light sanding then a 2nd application ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I had a lady call me with the problem that her new ceramic tile was cracking. Upon examination, I found that when I walked on the floor, it bounced. The contractor is now on the "blacklist". Go to the middle of your floor and jump once. If you feel vibration, you may need to shore up your floor underneath. You may also have a cracked joist. Any diffriation or movement will crack underlayment. It is not concrete, only a leveling filler.
Good luck, Len
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees