New underlayment is cracking
Among others, it could be the result of a 'light' mix or fast drying or too thick of a layer. To be safe, I'd first review your instructions, then ctc. the MFGR. for guidance. It's possible that water/moisture was 'absorbed' by the underlying substrate too, thus causing a light mix. Also, if the room/house is dry, it could have dried too fast. Also, if the room below is REALLY warm, that too, could affect the situation. Get all your 'ducks' lined up and ctc the MFGR.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: They may advise a light sanding then a 2nd application ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I had a lady call me with the problem that her new ceramic tile was cracking. Upon examination, I found that when I walked on the floor, it bounced. The contractor is now on the "blacklist". Go to the middle of your floor and jump once. If you feel vibration, you may need to shore up your floor underneath. You may also have a cracked joist. Any diffriation or movement will crack underlayment. It is not concrete, only a leveling filler.
Good luck, Len
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY