New underlayment is cracking
Among others, it could be the result of a 'light' mix or fast drying or too thick of a layer. To be safe, I'd first review your instructions, then ctc. the MFGR. for guidance. It's possible that water/moisture was 'absorbed' by the underlying substrate too, thus causing a light mix. Also, if the room/house is dry, it could have dried too fast. Also, if the room below is REALLY warm, that too, could affect the situation. Get all your 'ducks' lined up and ctc the MFGR.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: They may advise a light sanding then a 2nd application ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I had a lady call me with the problem that her new ceramic tile was cracking. Upon examination, I found that when I walked on the floor, it bounced. The contractor is now on the "blacklist". Go to the middle of your floor and jump once. If you feel vibration, you may need to shore up your floor underneath. You may also have a cracked joist. Any diffriation or movement will crack underlayment. It is not concrete, only a leveling filler.
Good luck, Len
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs