New underlayment is cracking
Among others, it could be the result of a 'light' mix or fast drying or too thick of a layer. To be safe, I'd first review your instructions, then ctc. the MFGR. for guidance. It's possible that water/moisture was 'absorbed' by the underlying substrate too, thus causing a light mix. Also, if the room/house is dry, it could have dried too fast. Also, if the room below is REALLY warm, that too, could affect the situation. Get all your 'ducks' lined up and ctc the MFGR.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: They may advise a light sanding then a 2nd application ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I had a lady call me with the problem that her new ceramic tile was cracking. Upon examination, I found that when I walked on the floor, it bounced. The contractor is now on the "blacklist". Go to the middle of your floor and jump once. If you feel vibration, you may need to shore up your floor underneath. You may also have a cracked joist. Any diffriation or movement will crack underlayment. It is not concrete, only a leveling filler.
Good luck, Len
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs