New underlayment is cracking
Among others, it could be the result of a 'light' mix or fast drying or too thick of a layer. To be safe, I'd first review your instructions, then ctc. the MFGR. for guidance. It's possible that water/moisture was 'absorbed' by the underlying substrate too, thus causing a light mix. Also, if the room/house is dry, it could have dried too fast. Also, if the room below is REALLY warm, that too, could affect the situation. Get all your 'ducks' lined up and ctc the MFGR.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: They may advise a light sanding then a 2nd application ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I had a lady call me with the problem that her new ceramic tile was cracking. Upon examination, I found that when I walked on the floor, it bounced. The contractor is now on the "blacklist". Go to the middle of your floor and jump once. If you feel vibration, you may need to shore up your floor underneath. You may also have a cracked joist. Any diffriation or movement will crack underlayment. It is not concrete, only a leveling filler.
Good luck, Len
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them