Replaceing Ceramic with Hardwood?
First off, take off your golf spikes before walking on the ceramic. LOL Seriously, one CANNOT install hardwood over ceramic. To remove the ceramic, get a tile cutting blade for your circular saw. Set the bevel at 45 degrees and adjust the depth of cut so you can cut under the cabinets. Then remove the ceramic, ascertain that you have sufficient underlayment to support your hardwood and install. If your feet are that sensitive, I believe that the hardwood will not make that much of a difference, other than temperature. This is my opinion only. I am used to harsh flooring due to my insignificant other, ( LOL ) She loves stone. But make sure before you install the hard wood, you use the paper.
Also what about the toe kick of the cabinets? I don't think a saw blade willl get all the way under there, will I have to chisle it out the best I can? Also I am assuming (not a good thing to do!) that there will be concrete board under the tile will that need to be removed also?
If you want a "forgiving" floor, you should install a plywood underlayment over your concrete subfloor (assuming it is concrete because of the tile). If you have cement backerboard as the tile underlayment, remove it or install the plywood over it (your discretion). Also, I suggest using builder's felt between the plywood and wood floor for additional softness.
As for "use the paper," I think Iceman was just joking around about his dog's ("insignificant other's") pody habits.
Want to replace ceramic tile floor
ceramic tile subfloor
Resurfacing Hardwood Floor
What should I use for kitchen floor - tile or hardwood?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects