Replaceing Ceramic with Hardwood?
First off, take off your golf spikes before walking on the ceramic. LOL Seriously, one CANNOT install hardwood over ceramic. To remove the ceramic, get a tile cutting blade for your circular saw. Set the bevel at 45 degrees and adjust the depth of cut so you can cut under the cabinets. Then remove the ceramic, ascertain that you have sufficient underlayment to support your hardwood and install. If your feet are that sensitive, I believe that the hardwood will not make that much of a difference, other than temperature. This is my opinion only. I am used to harsh flooring due to my insignificant other, ( LOL ) She loves stone. But make sure before you install the hard wood, you use the paper.
Also what about the toe kick of the cabinets? I don't think a saw blade willl get all the way under there, will I have to chisle it out the best I can? Also I am assuming (not a good thing to do!) that there will be concrete board under the tile will that need to be removed also?
If you want a "forgiving" floor, you should install a plywood underlayment over your concrete subfloor (assuming it is concrete because of the tile). If you have cement backerboard as the tile underlayment, remove it or install the plywood over it (your discretion). Also, I suggest using builder's felt between the plywood and wood floor for additional softness.
As for "use the paper," I think Iceman was just joking around about his dog's ("insignificant other's") pody habits.
Want to replace ceramic tile floor
ceramic tile subfloor
Resurfacing Hardwood Floor
What should I use for kitchen floor - tile or hardwood?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps