Replaceing Ceramic with Hardwood?
First off, take off your golf spikes before walking on the ceramic. LOL Seriously, one CANNOT install hardwood over ceramic. To remove the ceramic, get a tile cutting blade for your circular saw. Set the bevel at 45 degrees and adjust the depth of cut so you can cut under the cabinets. Then remove the ceramic, ascertain that you have sufficient underlayment to support your hardwood and install. If your feet are that sensitive, I believe that the hardwood will not make that much of a difference, other than temperature. This is my opinion only. I am used to harsh flooring due to my insignificant other, ( LOL ) She loves stone. But make sure before you install the hard wood, you use the paper.
Also what about the toe kick of the cabinets? I don't think a saw blade willl get all the way under there, will I have to chisle it out the best I can? Also I am assuming (not a good thing to do!) that there will be concrete board under the tile will that need to be removed also?
If you want a "forgiving" floor, you should install a plywood underlayment over your concrete subfloor (assuming it is concrete because of the tile). If you have cement backerboard as the tile underlayment, remove it or install the plywood over it (your discretion). Also, I suggest using builder's felt between the plywood and wood floor for additional softness.
As for "use the paper," I think Iceman was just joking around about his dog's ("insignificant other's") pody habits.
Want to replace ceramic tile floor
ceramic tile subfloor
Resurfacing Hardwood Floor
What should I use for kitchen floor - tile or hardwood?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!