Being from Joisey originally, I have poetic license. LOL Put your cabinets in first. They're easier to level and you can grout right up to the base or simply install 3/4 round base molding and color caulk the holidays. Please make sure that your floor is solid before installing ceramic. My bill for this service is a pizza from Dominic's in Piscataway.
[This message has been edited by Iceman (edited March 04, 2002).]
As for base cabinets, nice floor materials are unnecessary underneath base cabinets. Even if you want to keep them level with the tile, it would be less expensive to install some sort of plywood. However, when the difference is a half an inch, you will not notice it.
There is no need to spend the extra money on decorative, resiliant floor material for space that will never be seen and does not need the resiliancy at all (because of no foot traffic).
Tile can also be unlevel at critical joints. If a seam happenes to coincide with the edge of a cabinet, then the cabinet will be less stable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?