Being from Joisey originally, I have poetic license. LOL Put your cabinets in first. They're easier to level and you can grout right up to the base or simply install 3/4 round base molding and color caulk the holidays. Please make sure that your floor is solid before installing ceramic. My bill for this service is a pizza from Dominic's in Piscataway.
[This message has been edited by Iceman (edited March 04, 2002).]
As for base cabinets, nice floor materials are unnecessary underneath base cabinets. Even if you want to keep them level with the tile, it would be less expensive to install some sort of plywood. However, when the difference is a half an inch, you will not notice it.
There is no need to spend the extra money on decorative, resiliant floor material for space that will never be seen and does not need the resiliancy at all (because of no foot traffic).
Tile can also be unlevel at critical joints. If a seam happenes to coincide with the edge of a cabinet, then the cabinet will be less stable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!