Being from Joisey originally, I have poetic license. LOL Put your cabinets in first. They're easier to level and you can grout right up to the base or simply install 3/4 round base molding and color caulk the holidays. Please make sure that your floor is solid before installing ceramic. My bill for this service is a pizza from Dominic's in Piscataway.
[This message has been edited by Iceman (edited March 04, 2002).]
As for base cabinets, nice floor materials are unnecessary underneath base cabinets. Even if you want to keep them level with the tile, it would be less expensive to install some sort of plywood. However, when the difference is a half an inch, you will not notice it.
There is no need to spend the extra money on decorative, resiliant floor material for space that will never be seen and does not need the resiliancy at all (because of no foot traffic).
Tile can also be unlevel at critical joints. If a seam happenes to coincide with the edge of a cabinet, then the cabinet will be less stable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes