Being from Joisey originally, I have poetic license. LOL Put your cabinets in first. They're easier to level and you can grout right up to the base or simply install 3/4 round base molding and color caulk the holidays. Please make sure that your floor is solid before installing ceramic. My bill for this service is a pizza from Dominic's in Piscataway.
[This message has been edited by Iceman (edited March 04, 2002).]
As for base cabinets, nice floor materials are unnecessary underneath base cabinets. Even if you want to keep them level with the tile, it would be less expensive to install some sort of plywood. However, when the difference is a half an inch, you will not notice it.
There is no need to spend the extra money on decorative, resiliant floor material for space that will never be seen and does not need the resiliancy at all (because of no foot traffic).
Tile can also be unlevel at critical joints. If a seam happenes to coincide with the edge of a cabinet, then the cabinet will be less stable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!