Being from Joisey originally, I have poetic license. LOL Put your cabinets in first. They're easier to level and you can grout right up to the base or simply install 3/4 round base molding and color caulk the holidays. Please make sure that your floor is solid before installing ceramic. My bill for this service is a pizza from Dominic's in Piscataway.
[This message has been edited by Iceman (edited March 04, 2002).]
As for base cabinets, nice floor materials are unnecessary underneath base cabinets. Even if you want to keep them level with the tile, it would be less expensive to install some sort of plywood. However, when the difference is a half an inch, you will not notice it.
There is no need to spend the extra money on decorative, resiliant floor material for space that will never be seen and does not need the resiliancy at all (because of no foot traffic).
Tile can also be unlevel at critical joints. If a seam happenes to coincide with the edge of a cabinet, then the cabinet will be less stable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!