We just removed the carpet from the hardwood floor in our bedroom. Very little nail damage, but there is a lot of padding residue stuck to the floor, maybe with glue on it?? If we could remove this the floor would look pretty darn good!!! any ideas what to use to remove this without damaging the finish to the floor?
You can easily do this job using the PEEL AWAY 7 paint removal product. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com
Chances are you are going to have to re-finish the floor if the padding was glued down. You can try scraping as much as possible and then follow up with an adhesive remover, available at most large home improvement stores. Try a small area first to check it. There are a variety of adhesive removers available using different solvents. If you use a paint stripper you will damage the floor finish and it will need to be redone.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!