We have the Masonite that was part of the class action and only really need to replace about 5 or 6 planks. We got scammed by a bogus construction company last October (took our 1/2 deposit and tore down the chimney and disappeared), so the budget has been cut drastically. (We were supposed to have the entire house resided with Hardiplank.)
I really only need 5 or 6 pieces to replace the ones that actually show rot. The rest of the house is really fine. I guess they were sealed properly and covered by the soffits.
My problem is finding the stuff. I've checked several lumber yards here (north of Houston, TX) but they all tell me it's all gone.
2 of them had one type of Masonite, but it didn't match mine. I have the 3 beveled (looking) 10" wide x 15 or 16' planks to do the repairs for now.
Does ANYONE know of any location that still has any of this in stock? I've done searches on google, yahoo, msn, etc., but get nothing.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Also, anybody have any experience in small claims with con artists? We found where the guy lives who owned this bogus company, but he claims he doesn't have any money...and we have an 'open ended contract' so he feels I don't have a leg to stand on in court. I've learned my lesson.....don't trust anyone!
how do I know if I really need a new roof?
Needed Pergo Presto Oak, planked PH4588
One Way Glass
I need discontnued Pergo Select 5210 Brunswick Cherry
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers