We have the Masonite that was part of the class action and only really need to replace about 5 or 6 planks. We got scammed by a bogus construction company last October (took our 1/2 deposit and tore down the chimney and disappeared), so the budget has been cut drastically. (We were supposed to have the entire house resided with Hardiplank.)
I really only need 5 or 6 pieces to replace the ones that actually show rot. The rest of the house is really fine. I guess they were sealed properly and covered by the soffits.
My problem is finding the stuff. I've checked several lumber yards here (north of Houston, TX) but they all tell me it's all gone.
2 of them had one type of Masonite, but it didn't match mine. I have the 3 beveled (looking) 10" wide x 15 or 16' planks to do the repairs for now.
Does ANYONE know of any location that still has any of this in stock? I've done searches on google, yahoo, msn, etc., but get nothing.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Also, anybody have any experience in small claims with con artists? We found where the guy lives who owned this bogus company, but he claims he doesn't have any money...and we have an 'open ended contract' so he feels I don't have a leg to stand on in court. I've learned my lesson.....don't trust anyone!
how do I know if I really need a new roof?
Needed Pergo Presto Oak, planked PH4588
One Way Glass
I need discontnued Pergo Select 5210 Brunswick Cherry
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!