Painted Wood Floors
There are inexpensive services for hire that can do the refinishing in a weekend: much more systematic and efficient than you could ever do it. In Chicago a few years ago, some of these services charged only $1 per square foot to refinish the floor.
If there are dents and divots in the floor, you should re-sand it with a giant belt sander, which will take the finish and a bit of the wood up with it. If not, you can chemically strip the finish/paint, sand it just to smooth it out, and re-finish. Every floor only has a small number of sandings in it, so you want to avoid sanding if you can.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!