I'm looking to research the advantages and disadvantages of the protective coatings that go on like paint and are "vinyl" or "plastic" or "ceramic". Anyway they are called liquid siding products. Paint will not last and real vinyl siding fades, so is this a good alternate? I have t-1-11 rough surface on the exterior now. Thanks for your info.
All these products are is an elastomeric coating, which is very thick and flexible and will bridge across hairline cracks. They say it will last a lifetime without fading, peeling, chalking & etc. Nothing will hold like this when it is exposed to sunlight and moisture. From what I hear they charge 4 to 5 times what a regular paint job would cost, and you should get at least 6 to 7 years out of a paint job on T1-11. So unless you are planing to stay in your house for at least 30 years and you have alot of money setting around that you don't know what to do with I would not reccomend that you go with this type of system. Also do you really want your house to stay the same color forever?
Any hope for this basement?
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
Any hope for this basement? [pics inside]
Shower Plumbing on Exterior Walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!