I'm looking to research the advantages and disadvantages of the protective coatings that go on like paint and are "vinyl" or "plastic" or "ceramic". Anyway they are called liquid siding products. Paint will not last and real vinyl siding fades, so is this a good alternate? I have t-1-11 rough surface on the exterior now. Thanks for your info.
All these products are is an elastomeric coating, which is very thick and flexible and will bridge across hairline cracks. They say it will last a lifetime without fading, peeling, chalking & etc. Nothing will hold like this when it is exposed to sunlight and moisture. From what I hear they charge 4 to 5 times what a regular paint job would cost, and you should get at least 6 to 7 years out of a paint job on T1-11. So unless you are planing to stay in your house for at least 30 years and you have alot of money setting around that you don't know what to do with I would not reccomend that you go with this type of system. Also do you really want your house to stay the same color forever?
Any hope for this basement?
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
Any hope for this basement? [pics inside]
Shower Plumbing on Exterior Walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects