I was thinking of putting laminate flooring in my basement as I finish it. Someone told me that laminate is fine to put over concrete but should not be used over concrete in a below grade application. The reasoning was it would draw moisture. Is this in fact true?
I did a bunch of research into this some time ago. I found that generally it is not a good idea to put laminate flooring below grade, but there are a few types of product that are appropriate and can withstand the damp. One is something by Mannington called iCore. There are some cross-ply hardwood solutions (one by Bohn I ended up using) which also stand up well to damp.
Fudeli laminate flooring?
In Need of Trafficmaster Laminate Floor in Savannah Oak
laminate to tile transition on the round
laminate floor installation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!