Pre-finished, engineered wood on concrete question
it sounds like a bad install, with a number of possible cause's ,if the concrete floor wasn't clean before the install began,is this a radiant floor (was the heat on or off at time of install?.by the way any prefinished floor should lay flat,especially an engineered floor
"However, there is one area that clearly bows up and all the wood has a ridged effect on the tops like a ruffled potato chip" This sounds like it could be an adhesive reaction but hard to tell without actually being there to see it.
Unfortunately the way I see it you're dealing with a middle of the road manufacturer and the characteristics you see are commonplace. However some of the boards should not have been used by the description I'm getting.
For some of the finer hardwood manufacturers check out some information I obtained in Las Vegas last week.
[This message has been edited by Hardwood Guy (edited February 09, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!