pine flooring gaps
A long time ago the pine that was used was from virgin forests and much more stable than what is now available but they still suffered the same problem. I suggest that you do what they did. There is a product called Butcher wax for floors. It gives a nice warm amber glowing colour that compliments pine nicely. It will fill the cracks and buff out and harden up enough to stay put. It will also help slow the movement of moisture in the wood and decrease the movement it causes.
As it does swell again gradually in the summer, the wax will be squeezed out but normal foot traffic will wear it off so you will not notice it goingt off.
Then, it will be necessary to renew it again next winter.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING