We just bought our first 2-bedroom condo in Boston. We like to replace the carpet in the bedrooms with engineering floor. The living room is covered with parquet floor which we don't like very much. Should we remove the parquet or lay the new floor on top of it? How hard is it to remove the old flooring? Would there be a big step-off from living room to bedroom (all the rooms are connected)if we lay new floor on top of the parquet? We are planning on doing it ourselves with glueless Harris Tarkett engineering floor (from Home Depot). Anyone has any experience with these type of floor? What's the best way to do it with limited budget and expererience? Please Help! Appreciate any input! Thanks!
first go to home depot have them open a box of the wood and get the install instructions out (or they could call the mgf.) find out if you can install over the existing floor (the instructions will say yes or no) once you know that then you can procede with the next step.
That's the beauty of floating floors. They can be installed over most any existing floor covering providing the old is secure to the subfloor. Carpet excluded.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers