wood floors ???
There's alot to consider on this one. A good first step would be to know the thickness of the subfloor. Furthermore, radiant heat is not something to be taken lightly when installing hardwood flooring. There are certain procedures to be taken and should really be considered by a professional or at least seeking professional advice from someone that knows how to work with both.
With all due respect....check out coastal woodlands by bruce .the top layer is as thick as a solid wood floor This would be near to the last product choice I would suggest to anyone.
You really should look around for the better prefinished manufacturers out there if you'd like to get into the hardwood business. Those names include....
....just to name a few.
Incidentally you could probably refinsh the Coastal Woodlands twice before breaking through the "wear" or "veneer" layer, whearas a solid 3/4" you'd never see the nails in anyones lifetime after 4-5 complete refinishings.
I agree Mannington does have some of the higher end lines that have a thin wear layer...forgot about that. It's beyond me why they do it and yet their prices are way up there.
I can't shake the problem I had, along with many others five years ago with their Tribond adhesive. It really created some bad vibes with Bruce in general all over in my market. I can't name one retailer that knows hardwood flooring inside and out that has a Bruce display in their store. Incidentally the Tribond mess didn't start the dislike, as it had been building for years.
Thanks Btw, do you have a name?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates