wood floors ???
There's alot to consider on this one. A good first step would be to know the thickness of the subfloor. Furthermore, radiant heat is not something to be taken lightly when installing hardwood flooring. There are certain procedures to be taken and should really be considered by a professional or at least seeking professional advice from someone that knows how to work with both.
With all due respect....check out coastal woodlands by bruce .the top layer is as thick as a solid wood floor This would be near to the last product choice I would suggest to anyone.
You really should look around for the better prefinished manufacturers out there if you'd like to get into the hardwood business. Those names include....
....just to name a few.
Incidentally you could probably refinsh the Coastal Woodlands twice before breaking through the "wear" or "veneer" layer, whearas a solid 3/4" you'd never see the nails in anyones lifetime after 4-5 complete refinishings.
I agree Mannington does have some of the higher end lines that have a thin wear layer...forgot about that. It's beyond me why they do it and yet their prices are way up there.
I can't shake the problem I had, along with many others five years ago with their Tribond adhesive. It really created some bad vibes with Bruce in general all over in my market. I can't name one retailer that knows hardwood flooring inside and out that has a Bruce display in their store. Incidentally the Tribond mess didn't start the dislike, as it had been building for years.
Thanks Btw, do you have a name?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!