wood floors ???
There's alot to consider on this one. A good first step would be to know the thickness of the subfloor. Furthermore, radiant heat is not something to be taken lightly when installing hardwood flooring. There are certain procedures to be taken and should really be considered by a professional or at least seeking professional advice from someone that knows how to work with both.
With all due respect....check out coastal woodlands by bruce .the top layer is as thick as a solid wood floor This would be near to the last product choice I would suggest to anyone.
You really should look around for the better prefinished manufacturers out there if you'd like to get into the hardwood business. Those names include....
....just to name a few.
Incidentally you could probably refinsh the Coastal Woodlands twice before breaking through the "wear" or "veneer" layer, whearas a solid 3/4" you'd never see the nails in anyones lifetime after 4-5 complete refinishings.
I agree Mannington does have some of the higher end lines that have a thin wear layer...forgot about that. It's beyond me why they do it and yet their prices are way up there.
I can't shake the problem I had, along with many others five years ago with their Tribond adhesive. It really created some bad vibes with Bruce in general all over in my market. I can't name one retailer that knows hardwood flooring inside and out that has a Bruce display in their store. Incidentally the Tribond mess didn't start the dislike, as it had been building for years.
Thanks Btw, do you have a name?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects