wood floors ???
There's alot to consider on this one. A good first step would be to know the thickness of the subfloor. Furthermore, radiant heat is not something to be taken lightly when installing hardwood flooring. There are certain procedures to be taken and should really be considered by a professional or at least seeking professional advice from someone that knows how to work with both.
With all due respect....check out coastal woodlands by bruce .the top layer is as thick as a solid wood floor This would be near to the last product choice I would suggest to anyone.
You really should look around for the better prefinished manufacturers out there if you'd like to get into the hardwood business. Those names include....
....just to name a few.
Incidentally you could probably refinsh the Coastal Woodlands twice before breaking through the "wear" or "veneer" layer, whearas a solid 3/4" you'd never see the nails in anyones lifetime after 4-5 complete refinishings.
I agree Mannington does have some of the higher end lines that have a thin wear layer...forgot about that. It's beyond me why they do it and yet their prices are way up there.
I can't shake the problem I had, along with many others five years ago with their Tribond adhesive. It really created some bad vibes with Bruce in general all over in my market. I can't name one retailer that knows hardwood flooring inside and out that has a Bruce display in their store. Incidentally the Tribond mess didn't start the dislike, as it had been building for years.
Thanks Btw, do you have a name?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!