We have a downstairs bathroom with a concrete floor. It has never had anything on it. We are putting peel and stick vinyl tile on it. My question is how do I prep the floor for the highest success rate. I assume I need floor leveling. The concrete is not cracked or pitted but it is not perfect either. What products are recommended? This is the kids bath so I assume there will be some spashing going on. Any help would be appreciated.
first prep the floor with "floor patch" (a cement based product)use the flat side of your trowel to smooth out the floor.then even if you are using "peel and place" type tiles, trowel on a thin coat of floor tile adhesive , let the adhesive dry ,then place your tiles.if you are using a dry back tile use the mgf.recommended adhesive.what ever tile you buy,talk to the sales person and get there input. good luck
Thank you for your quick response. I won't be ready for awhile yet, other repairs needed, but I have already bought the tile certificates. They are the peel and stick type. Where do I find "concrete patch"? Is that it's actual name? Is it a floor leveling compond? What is the extra adhesive called and why do I need it. Please forgive me, I am a rookie. Thank you.
any home center will have floor patch , its not the same as embossing leveler . a 3lb box should cast about $5.00 or less.floor tile (make sure it says tile) adhesive is a good idea on any peel and place job,it will add a lot of "grab" to the floor.henrys #430 is a good one.also dont use a floor primer,every job i know that used primer failed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight