We have a downstairs bathroom with a concrete floor. It has never had anything on it. We are putting peel and stick vinyl tile on it. My question is how do I prep the floor for the highest success rate. I assume I need floor leveling. The concrete is not cracked or pitted but it is not perfect either. What products are recommended? This is the kids bath so I assume there will be some spashing going on. Any help would be appreciated.
first prep the floor with "floor patch" (a cement based product)use the flat side of your trowel to smooth out the floor.then even if you are using "peel and place" type tiles, trowel on a thin coat of floor tile adhesive , let the adhesive dry ,then place your tiles.if you are using a dry back tile use the mgf.recommended adhesive.what ever tile you buy,talk to the sales person and get there input. good luck
Thank you for your quick response. I won't be ready for awhile yet, other repairs needed, but I have already bought the tile certificates. They are the peel and stick type. Where do I find "concrete patch"? Is that it's actual name? Is it a floor leveling compond? What is the extra adhesive called and why do I need it. Please forgive me, I am a rookie. Thank you.
any home center will have floor patch , its not the same as embossing leveler . a 3lb box should cast about $5.00 or less.floor tile (make sure it says tile) adhesive is a good idea on any peel and place job,it will add a lot of "grab" to the floor.henrys #430 is a good one.also dont use a floor primer,every job i know that used primer failed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love