sanding/restoring old hardwood floors
Why set the nails? What a good way to ruin an antique looking floor. I can see a reason to set sharp 6p nails or similar as it will tear apart sanding paper, but older cut nails will not, unless there is something I am missing here.
Here's a before and after of the same situation you may be in...
[url=http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/default.htm[/url] Find Hardwood Floor Contractors
1.) they'll tear the paper,
2.) if you do sand a nail, you'll remove the grit of the pare on that part of the drum and make "lines" on the floor because you'll have a highspot on the paper from sanding a nail.
3.) you can damaged a drum and ruin a good machine therefore affecting you progress on the job and future work.
4.) if a nail is loose it may come up ****her from the vibrations of sanding and buffing.
5.) If you do happen to sand a nail, and not all of them equally, you'll have new looking shiney nails all over the floor, and no matter good of a sanding job you've done you'll see the few shiny nailheads glaring at you..
so, punchem and leave them alone, do not fill them..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes