sanding/restoring old hardwood floors
Why set the nails? What a good way to ruin an antique looking floor. I can see a reason to set sharp 6p nails or similar as it will tear apart sanding paper, but older cut nails will not, unless there is something I am missing here.
Here's a before and after of the same situation you may be in...
[url=http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/default.htm[/url] Find Hardwood Floor Contractors
1.) they'll tear the paper,
2.) if you do sand a nail, you'll remove the grit of the pare on that part of the drum and make "lines" on the floor because you'll have a highspot on the paper from sanding a nail.
3.) you can damaged a drum and ruin a good machine therefore affecting you progress on the job and future work.
4.) if a nail is loose it may come up ****her from the vibrations of sanding and buffing.
5.) If you do happen to sand a nail, and not all of them equally, you'll have new looking shiney nails all over the floor, and no matter good of a sanding job you've done you'll see the few shiny nailheads glaring at you..
so, punchem and leave them alone, do not fill them..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs