type of wood floor
With all due respect Home Depot would be the last place I would send anybody if they're looking for something this different. Most of the HD "flooring experts" are clueless or at least the ones in my neighborhood.
Just today I met with someone locally who was misinformed royally by some HD people. The situation is a gluedown hardwood floor that requires sound control in a mid rise condo. "use foam...that's all we use in condo's around here." For heavens sake they are way off. Told the customer I have experience with 50 of those type jobs in condos and I've never heard of using foam!
Maybe the HD people people were just guessing as it's all 1/4" cork underlayment in every highrise I've worked in over the last ten years. I had to vent a little on this one.
And....they were pushing a 3/4" solid plank gluedown over that foam too! Folks, please be careful ot there. Today there are so many people selling hardwood flooring that don't have the necessary knowledge to do so. And there are many carpet people getting into the business that claim to be experts or specialists overnight.
I don't care for doing business with the big orange box but I think what was being suggested is that they have displays where you can identify your wood by comparison.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY