type of wood floor
With all due respect Home Depot would be the last place I would send anybody if they're looking for something this different. Most of the HD "flooring experts" are clueless or at least the ones in my neighborhood.
Just today I met with someone locally who was misinformed royally by some HD people. The situation is a gluedown hardwood floor that requires sound control in a mid rise condo. "use foam...that's all we use in condo's around here." For heavens sake they are way off. Told the customer I have experience with 50 of those type jobs in condos and I've never heard of using foam!
Maybe the HD people people were just guessing as it's all 1/4" cork underlayment in every highrise I've worked in over the last ten years. I had to vent a little on this one.
And....they were pushing a 3/4" solid plank gluedown over that foam too! Folks, please be careful ot there. Today there are so many people selling hardwood flooring that don't have the necessary knowledge to do so. And there are many carpet people getting into the business that claim to be experts or specialists overnight.
I don't care for doing business with the big orange box but I think what was being suggested is that they have displays where you can identify your wood by comparison.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight