type of wood floor
With all due respect Home Depot would be the last place I would send anybody if they're looking for something this different. Most of the HD "flooring experts" are clueless or at least the ones in my neighborhood.
Just today I met with someone locally who was misinformed royally by some HD people. The situation is a gluedown hardwood floor that requires sound control in a mid rise condo. "use foam...that's all we use in condo's around here." For heavens sake they are way off. Told the customer I have experience with 50 of those type jobs in condos and I've never heard of using foam!
Maybe the HD people people were just guessing as it's all 1/4" cork underlayment in every highrise I've worked in over the last ten years. I had to vent a little on this one.
And....they were pushing a 3/4" solid plank gluedown over that foam too! Folks, please be careful ot there. Today there are so many people selling hardwood flooring that don't have the necessary knowledge to do so. And there are many carpet people getting into the business that claim to be experts or specialists overnight.
I don't care for doing business with the big orange box but I think what was being suggested is that they have displays where you can identify your wood by comparison.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!