type of wood floor
With all due respect Home Depot would be the last place I would send anybody if they're looking for something this different. Most of the HD "flooring experts" are clueless or at least the ones in my neighborhood.
Just today I met with someone locally who was misinformed royally by some HD people. The situation is a gluedown hardwood floor that requires sound control in a mid rise condo. "use foam...that's all we use in condo's around here." For heavens sake they are way off. Told the customer I have experience with 50 of those type jobs in condos and I've never heard of using foam!
Maybe the HD people people were just guessing as it's all 1/4" cork underlayment in every highrise I've worked in over the last ten years. I had to vent a little on this one.
And....they were pushing a 3/4" solid plank gluedown over that foam too! Folks, please be careful ot there. Today there are so many people selling hardwood flooring that don't have the necessary knowledge to do so. And there are many carpet people getting into the business that claim to be experts or specialists overnight.
I don't care for doing business with the big orange box but I think what was being suggested is that they have displays where you can identify your wood by comparison.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes