Linseed oil dougfir floor. Help
Check out the National Wood Flooring Association Website for expert advice.
As far as putting Urethane over it I would say NO WAY If it doesn't work out get the sander back out and start over.
I feel the same way about waxes. In this day and age there are some pretty tough finishes out there. The Pro-Finisher at Home Depot is actually a pretty good finish. It has a high solid content and is fairly inexpensive. Don't let the low price tag fool you into thinking it is a poor finish.
I generally tell people that if they don't have anything better to do with their time than oil, wax and buff their wood floors then they need a hobby.
Rough Cedar Log Mantle
someone help- i just painted acrylic paint over oil
Terra cotta tiles
water repellent or linseed oil on bare clapboard?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects