Linseed oil dougfir floor. Help
Check out the National Wood Flooring Association Website for expert advice.
As far as putting Urethane over it I would say NO WAY If it doesn't work out get the sander back out and start over.
I feel the same way about waxes. In this day and age there are some pretty tough finishes out there. The Pro-Finisher at Home Depot is actually a pretty good finish. It has a high solid content and is fairly inexpensive. Don't let the low price tag fool you into thinking it is a poor finish.
I generally tell people that if they don't have anything better to do with their time than oil, wax and buff their wood floors then they need a hobby.
Rough Cedar Log Mantle
someone help- i just painted acrylic paint over oil
Terra cotta tiles
water repellent or linseed oil on bare clapboard?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs