Linseed oil dougfir floor. Help
Check out the National Wood Flooring Association Website for expert advice.
As far as putting Urethane over it I would say NO WAY If it doesn't work out get the sander back out and start over.
I feel the same way about waxes. In this day and age there are some pretty tough finishes out there. The Pro-Finisher at Home Depot is actually a pretty good finish. It has a high solid content and is fairly inexpensive. Don't let the low price tag fool you into thinking it is a poor finish.
I generally tell people that if they don't have anything better to do with their time than oil, wax and buff their wood floors then they need a hobby.
Rough Cedar Log Mantle
someone help- i just painted acrylic paint over oil
Terra cotta tiles
water repellent or linseed oil on bare clapboard?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees