Linseed oil dougfir floor. Help
Check out the National Wood Flooring Association Website for expert advice.
As far as putting Urethane over it I would say NO WAY If it doesn't work out get the sander back out and start over.
I feel the same way about waxes. In this day and age there are some pretty tough finishes out there. The Pro-Finisher at Home Depot is actually a pretty good finish. It has a high solid content and is fairly inexpensive. Don't let the low price tag fool you into thinking it is a poor finish.
I generally tell people that if they don't have anything better to do with their time than oil, wax and buff their wood floors then they need a hobby.
Rough Cedar Log Mantle
someone help- i just painted acrylic paint over oil
Terra cotta tiles
water repellent or linseed oil on bare clapboard?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!