Floating wood floor/Boston retailers?
why you would use one over another,once you know that,visit a few stores that sell hardwood.i'm a big fan of bruce , i see it as a high value product,and have never had a problem with it over the last 30 years,i also carry some very high end products from africa , austraila & brazil. so what i would suggest is look around, see what your budget will allow,and buy the one that meets all your needs...good luck
Sure the carpet stores have the stuff...why not? It's the most recognized name in hardwood flooring. Bruce had their glory days when it came to quality but no longer. It's been a few years since I've personally worked with the stuff but I still have installers griping about the quality and how much time they have to spend using their really lousy filler and explaining to customers "this is what you get."
Definately try the better brands out there. For solid 3/4" material you could start with Luazon or Mirage. Engineered the same along with Harris-Tarkett, Margaratelli, Mannington and Anderson. Floating floors; Kahrs and Harris-Tarkett.
Bruce is out of the loop when it comes to quality hardwood flooring. They don't even bother to make the National Wood Flooring Association trade show. Anyway, I wish continued success with you Bruce fans.
Harris Tarkett-"Tap Tight" Floor Complaint!
Possible foundation issues-Looking for suggestions
Flooring over ceramic tile
Peel and Stick Wood Floor-Good or Bad Idea
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps