Floating wood floor/Boston retailers?
why you would use one over another,once you know that,visit a few stores that sell hardwood.i'm a big fan of bruce , i see it as a high value product,and have never had a problem with it over the last 30 years,i also carry some very high end products from africa , austraila & brazil. so what i would suggest is look around, see what your budget will allow,and buy the one that meets all your needs...good luck
Sure the carpet stores have the stuff...why not? It's the most recognized name in hardwood flooring. Bruce had their glory days when it came to quality but no longer. It's been a few years since I've personally worked with the stuff but I still have installers griping about the quality and how much time they have to spend using their really lousy filler and explaining to customers "this is what you get."
Definately try the better brands out there. For solid 3/4" material you could start with Luazon or Mirage. Engineered the same along with Harris-Tarkett, Margaratelli, Mannington and Anderson. Floating floors; Kahrs and Harris-Tarkett.
Bruce is out of the loop when it comes to quality hardwood flooring. They don't even bother to make the National Wood Flooring Association trade show. Anyway, I wish continued success with you Bruce fans.
Harris Tarkett-"Tap Tight" Floor Complaint!
Possible foundation issues-Looking for suggestions
Flooring over ceramic tile
Peel and Stick Wood Floor-Good or Bad Idea
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects