Cracked Grout - Brand New Tile Floor
Can anyone explain why the grout surrounding a brand new kitchen and bath floor (12 x 12 size tiles), would crack in every direction (vertically and horizontally)? Is it the subfloor, or the grout? How will it be repaired?
Had the exact problem in my home (new construction. The builder refused to do anything about the problem-had to sue him. We were told by the independent flooring expert that we hired that the underlayment was inadequate both in material and depth;the mortar used was not mixed with the proper latex additive; the underlayment was improperly affixed to the subfloor (they used staples instead of screws). We had the entire floor removed 600 sq.ft. and replaced. The good news was that it was so poorly installed we did not damage the subfloor when it was torn up. Hope you do not have the same luck that we had with our builder. A reputable builder/installer would have fixed the problem at their expense.
permanent marker stains on hardwoodfloor
Need help to increase the coefficient of friction on...
HELP Please! new tile floor/toilet installation ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!