Pergo vs. sheet vinyl linoleum
No personal experience with pergo, but we had a sheet vinyl floor several years back. Two drawbacks:
1. The seam. It looked fine when installed but we had trouble with it thereafter. What's worse, it was in a high traffic area in the middle of the kitchen. If your area is less than 12' wide you hopefully wouldn't have a seam. Definitely avoid one if you can.
2. The crinkly nature of the flooring. It has all these thousands of dimples, no doubt made to look decorative. Over time many of these would fill with dirt--and it's not as easy to mop out as it should be.
Just my opinion, but I'd definitely look at pergo, ceramic tile or other(?) before I use sheet vinyl again.
sheet vinly and laminate are very easy to live with ,just a damp mop to clean them. wear should be about the same if you stay at the same price point.
to me the main differance is one copys a ceramic tile floor,the other a hard wood floor....good luck
I've found sheet vinyl to be very unforgiving regarding any bumps, protruding screws, etc. Even a little scrap of something under vinyl will be felt thereafter forevermore. You really want to be sure of a flat and smooth surface before doing vinyl.
Again, no personal experience with pergo...but I'd bet it's more forgiving.
what causes the bump in your kit?is it water damage to the underlayment? please post a reply.....thanks
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING