Pergo vs. sheet vinyl linoleum
No personal experience with pergo, but we had a sheet vinyl floor several years back. Two drawbacks:
1. The seam. It looked fine when installed but we had trouble with it thereafter. What's worse, it was in a high traffic area in the middle of the kitchen. If your area is less than 12' wide you hopefully wouldn't have a seam. Definitely avoid one if you can.
2. The crinkly nature of the flooring. It has all these thousands of dimples, no doubt made to look decorative. Over time many of these would fill with dirt--and it's not as easy to mop out as it should be.
Just my opinion, but I'd definitely look at pergo, ceramic tile or other(?) before I use sheet vinyl again.
sheet vinly and laminate are very easy to live with ,just a damp mop to clean them. wear should be about the same if you stay at the same price point.
to me the main differance is one copys a ceramic tile floor,the other a hard wood floor....good luck
I've found sheet vinyl to be very unforgiving regarding any bumps, protruding screws, etc. Even a little scrap of something under vinyl will be felt thereafter forevermore. You really want to be sure of a flat and smooth surface before doing vinyl.
Again, no personal experience with pergo...but I'd bet it's more forgiving.
what causes the bump in your kit?is it water damage to the underlayment? please post a reply.....thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide