Pergo vs. sheet vinyl linoleum
No personal experience with pergo, but we had a sheet vinyl floor several years back. Two drawbacks:
1. The seam. It looked fine when installed but we had trouble with it thereafter. What's worse, it was in a high traffic area in the middle of the kitchen. If your area is less than 12' wide you hopefully wouldn't have a seam. Definitely avoid one if you can.
2. The crinkly nature of the flooring. It has all these thousands of dimples, no doubt made to look decorative. Over time many of these would fill with dirt--and it's not as easy to mop out as it should be.
Just my opinion, but I'd definitely look at pergo, ceramic tile or other(?) before I use sheet vinyl again.
sheet vinly and laminate are very easy to live with ,just a damp mop to clean them. wear should be about the same if you stay at the same price point.
to me the main differance is one copys a ceramic tile floor,the other a hard wood floor....good luck
I've found sheet vinyl to be very unforgiving regarding any bumps, protruding screws, etc. Even a little scrap of something under vinyl will be felt thereafter forevermore. You really want to be sure of a flat and smooth surface before doing vinyl.
Again, no personal experience with pergo...but I'd bet it's more forgiving.
what causes the bump in your kit?is it water damage to the underlayment? please post a reply.....thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda