small room and laminate
13'X 23' and want to put in either hard wook or laminate. Could I get advise on the layout, including plank width and also color to make the room look large. Money is a factor.
Thanks In Advance
You can go to a big box store such as home depot or ***** , however, many smaller retailers run great deals on close outs etc.. and you may find some good deals there. look in your yellow pages for flooring stores near you.
when laying out a floor there are two things to consider. laying it out ACROSS a room will make it look WIDER. laying it parallel to the longer walls will make the room LONGER. so, depending on what you want to achieve, the layout is up to you. one important note, if you decide to go with a real wood floor, you should kay it in the OPPOSITE direction of the floor joists.
in terms of making a room larger nothing beats a light toned floor (maple or natural oak) with a pale color on the walls
in fact, i think on the www.bruce.com website you can play with different floor and wall color choices.
The long run on the diagonal will make the room look longer usually. This of course requires a little more skill and results in a little more waste but the effect can be stunning if your room lends to it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!