small room and laminate
13'X 23' and want to put in either hard wook or laminate. Could I get advise on the layout, including plank width and also color to make the room look large. Money is a factor.
Thanks In Advance
You can go to a big box store such as home depot or ***** , however, many smaller retailers run great deals on close outs etc.. and you may find some good deals there. look in your yellow pages for flooring stores near you.
when laying out a floor there are two things to consider. laying it out ACROSS a room will make it look WIDER. laying it parallel to the longer walls will make the room LONGER. so, depending on what you want to achieve, the layout is up to you. one important note, if you decide to go with a real wood floor, you should kay it in the OPPOSITE direction of the floor joists.
in terms of making a room larger nothing beats a light toned floor (maple or natural oak) with a pale color on the walls
in fact, i think on the www.bruce.com website you can play with different floor and wall color choices.
The long run on the diagonal will make the room look longer usually. This of course requires a little more skill and results in a little more waste but the effect can be stunning if your room lends to it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs