small room and laminate
13'X 23' and want to put in either hard wook or laminate. Could I get advise on the layout, including plank width and also color to make the room look large. Money is a factor.
Thanks In Advance
You can go to a big box store such as home depot or ***** , however, many smaller retailers run great deals on close outs etc.. and you may find some good deals there. look in your yellow pages for flooring stores near you.
when laying out a floor there are two things to consider. laying it out ACROSS a room will make it look WIDER. laying it parallel to the longer walls will make the room LONGER. so, depending on what you want to achieve, the layout is up to you. one important note, if you decide to go with a real wood floor, you should kay it in the OPPOSITE direction of the floor joists.
in terms of making a room larger nothing beats a light toned floor (maple or natural oak) with a pale color on the walls
in fact, i think on the www.bruce.com website you can play with different floor and wall color choices.
The long run on the diagonal will make the room look longer usually. This of course requires a little more skill and results in a little more waste but the effect can be stunning if your room lends to it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips