small room and laminate
13'X 23' and want to put in either hard wook or laminate. Could I get advise on the layout, including plank width and also color to make the room look large. Money is a factor.
Thanks In Advance
You can go to a big box store such as home depot or ***** , however, many smaller retailers run great deals on close outs etc.. and you may find some good deals there. look in your yellow pages for flooring stores near you.
when laying out a floor there are two things to consider. laying it out ACROSS a room will make it look WIDER. laying it parallel to the longer walls will make the room LONGER. so, depending on what you want to achieve, the layout is up to you. one important note, if you decide to go with a real wood floor, you should kay it in the OPPOSITE direction of the floor joists.
in terms of making a room larger nothing beats a light toned floor (maple or natural oak) with a pale color on the walls
in fact, i think on the www.bruce.com website you can play with different floor and wall color choices.
The long run on the diagonal will make the room look longer usually. This of course requires a little more skill and results in a little more waste but the effect can be stunning if your room lends to it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!