1/4" Bruce Adventure Plank vs. Anderson Durham Plank
Generally with engineered flooring, the thicker products don't offer a thicker wear surface but more plys or a thicker core.
Seeing as you are gluing to concrete, you're not too concerned about stuctural strength. The 1/4' product should work for you.
As far as sanding the 1/4 inch floor it depends on who's doing the sanding. I've heard of cases where someone has ruined a brand new 3/4" floor on the first sanding. An experienced floor machanic could sand your 1/4 inch floor at least once possibly twice. The main concern here is flatness of the installation of the floor. If there are high spots in the installation and someone tries to flatten out those high spots, you could go through the top veneer.
The key then is starting with a flat subfloor.
Great point Franklyn! I'll have to add that to the site. If you have any other suggestions....let 'em rip. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Anderson products have a thin wear to begin with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets