1/4" Bruce Adventure Plank vs. Anderson Durham Plank
Generally with engineered flooring, the thicker products don't offer a thicker wear surface but more plys or a thicker core.
Seeing as you are gluing to concrete, you're not too concerned about stuctural strength. The 1/4' product should work for you.
As far as sanding the 1/4 inch floor it depends on who's doing the sanding. I've heard of cases where someone has ruined a brand new 3/4" floor on the first sanding. An experienced floor machanic could sand your 1/4 inch floor at least once possibly twice. The main concern here is flatness of the installation of the floor. If there are high spots in the installation and someone tries to flatten out those high spots, you could go through the top veneer.
The key then is starting with a flat subfloor.
Great point Franklyn! I'll have to add that to the site. If you have any other suggestions....let 'em rip. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Anderson products have a thin wear to begin with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes