1/4" Bruce Adventure Plank vs. Anderson Durham Plank
Generally with engineered flooring, the thicker products don't offer a thicker wear surface but more plys or a thicker core.
Seeing as you are gluing to concrete, you're not too concerned about stuctural strength. The 1/4' product should work for you.
As far as sanding the 1/4 inch floor it depends on who's doing the sanding. I've heard of cases where someone has ruined a brand new 3/4" floor on the first sanding. An experienced floor machanic could sand your 1/4 inch floor at least once possibly twice. The main concern here is flatness of the installation of the floor. If there are high spots in the installation and someone tries to flatten out those high spots, you could go through the top veneer.
The key then is starting with a flat subfloor.
Great point Franklyn! I'll have to add that to the site. If you have any other suggestions....let 'em rip. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Anderson products have a thin wear to begin with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees