1/4" Bruce Adventure Plank vs. Anderson Durham Plank
Generally with engineered flooring, the thicker products don't offer a thicker wear surface but more plys or a thicker core.
Seeing as you are gluing to concrete, you're not too concerned about stuctural strength. The 1/4' product should work for you.
As far as sanding the 1/4 inch floor it depends on who's doing the sanding. I've heard of cases where someone has ruined a brand new 3/4" floor on the first sanding. An experienced floor machanic could sand your 1/4 inch floor at least once possibly twice. The main concern here is flatness of the installation of the floor. If there are high spots in the installation and someone tries to flatten out those high spots, you could go through the top veneer.
The key then is starting with a flat subfloor.
Great point Franklyn! I'll have to add that to the site. If you have any other suggestions....let 'em rip. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Anderson products have a thin wear to begin with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps