1/4" Bruce Adventure Plank vs. Anderson Durham Plank
Generally with engineered flooring, the thicker products don't offer a thicker wear surface but more plys or a thicker core.
Seeing as you are gluing to concrete, you're not too concerned about stuctural strength. The 1/4' product should work for you.
As far as sanding the 1/4 inch floor it depends on who's doing the sanding. I've heard of cases where someone has ruined a brand new 3/4" floor on the first sanding. An experienced floor machanic could sand your 1/4 inch floor at least once possibly twice. The main concern here is flatness of the installation of the floor. If there are high spots in the installation and someone tries to flatten out those high spots, you could go through the top veneer.
The key then is starting with a flat subfloor.
Great point Franklyn! I'll have to add that to the site. If you have any other suggestions....let 'em rip. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Anderson products have a thin wear to begin with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY