Hardwood floor was scraped when moving
My husband, who insisted he could move us into our new house with the help of friends, didn't listen to me about hiring professional movers and, in the process of moving, scraped our hardwood floor in places. I could have killed him. Is there an easy way to remove or minimize these scrapes or should we refinish the whole floor? I also noticed what looks like water damage to another part of the floor next to a window. Can water damaged areas be refinished or do they have to be completely replace?
Thanks for any advice!
Thanks for any advice!
i think you should get two wood refinisher's to give you a bid,ask if its possible to only repair the damaged parts of the floor...good luck
Actually I would get about five estimates and references. Also let the floormen that you are talking to know that you are getting other prices and cost is a major factor. It could be that just a good screening and top coating could solve your problem.
If you approach it with the view that total resanding is the only option the floormen you talk to won't consider suggesting more cost saving alternatives.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!