Hardwood floor was scraped when moving
My husband, who insisted he could move us into our new house with the help of friends, didn't listen to me about hiring professional movers and, in the process of moving, scraped our hardwood floor in places. I could have killed him. Is there an easy way to remove or minimize these scrapes or should we refinish the whole floor? I also noticed what looks like water damage to another part of the floor next to a window. Can water damaged areas be refinished or do they have to be completely replace?
Thanks for any advice!
Thanks for any advice!
i think you should get two wood refinisher's to give you a bid,ask if its possible to only repair the damaged parts of the floor...good luck
Actually I would get about five estimates and references. Also let the floormen that you are talking to know that you are getting other prices and cost is a major factor. It could be that just a good screening and top coating could solve your problem.
If you approach it with the view that total resanding is the only option the floormen you talk to won't consider suggesting more cost saving alternatives.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps