Hardwood floor was scraped when moving
My husband, who insisted he could move us into our new house with the help of friends, didn't listen to me about hiring professional movers and, in the process of moving, scraped our hardwood floor in places. I could have killed him. Is there an easy way to remove or minimize these scrapes or should we refinish the whole floor? I also noticed what looks like water damage to another part of the floor next to a window. Can water damaged areas be refinished or do they have to be completely replace?
Thanks for any advice!
Thanks for any advice!
i think you should get two wood refinisher's to give you a bid,ask if its possible to only repair the damaged parts of the floor...good luck
Actually I would get about five estimates and references. Also let the floormen that you are talking to know that you are getting other prices and cost is a major factor. It could be that just a good screening and top coating could solve your problem.
If you approach it with the view that total resanding is the only option the floormen you talk to won't consider suggesting more cost saving alternatives.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY