Hardwood floors-mildew under carpet
old carpet to uncover an old hardwood floor the chances are it will need to be refinished...good luck
p.s. you will aso need a can of "wipe clean" also from bruce.
I would say short of refinishing the floor you are going to end up with a compromise you will live to regret.
Waxing a wood floor is not a good idea in the long run. Why do you think wall to wall carpet was the rage in the 70's and 80's? Waxing wood floors is a lot of work. (ask your grandmother) My thoughts are if you don't have anything better to do with your time than wax and buff wood floors, you need a hobby.
The urethanes today make wood floor care a snap. Actually easier to maintain than carpet. I would think carefully before not biting the bullet and refinishing the floors and starting over with a clean slate.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide