Hardwood floors-mildew under carpet
old carpet to uncover an old hardwood floor the chances are it will need to be refinished...good luck
p.s. you will aso need a can of "wipe clean" also from bruce.
I would say short of refinishing the floor you are going to end up with a compromise you will live to regret.
Waxing a wood floor is not a good idea in the long run. Why do you think wall to wall carpet was the rage in the 70's and 80's? Waxing wood floors is a lot of work. (ask your grandmother) My thoughts are if you don't have anything better to do with your time than wax and buff wood floors, you need a hobby.
The urethanes today make wood floor care a snap. Actually easier to maintain than carpet. I would think carefully before not biting the bullet and refinishing the floors and starting over with a clean slate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects