Hardwood floors-mildew under carpet
old carpet to uncover an old hardwood floor the chances are it will need to be refinished...good luck
p.s. you will aso need a can of "wipe clean" also from bruce.
I would say short of refinishing the floor you are going to end up with a compromise you will live to regret.
Waxing a wood floor is not a good idea in the long run. Why do you think wall to wall carpet was the rage in the 70's and 80's? Waxing wood floors is a lot of work. (ask your grandmother) My thoughts are if you don't have anything better to do with your time than wax and buff wood floors, you need a hobby.
The urethanes today make wood floor care a snap. Actually easier to maintain than carpet. I would think carefully before not biting the bullet and refinishing the floors and starting over with a clean slate.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers