Hardwood floors-mildew under carpet
old carpet to uncover an old hardwood floor the chances are it will need to be refinished...good luck
p.s. you will aso need a can of "wipe clean" also from bruce.
I would say short of refinishing the floor you are going to end up with a compromise you will live to regret.
Waxing a wood floor is not a good idea in the long run. Why do you think wall to wall carpet was the rage in the 70's and 80's? Waxing wood floors is a lot of work. (ask your grandmother) My thoughts are if you don't have anything better to do with your time than wax and buff wood floors, you need a hobby.
The urethanes today make wood floor care a snap. Actually easier to maintain than carpet. I would think carefully before not biting the bullet and refinishing the floors and starting over with a clean slate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!