Hardwood floors-mildew under carpet
old carpet to uncover an old hardwood floor the chances are it will need to be refinished...good luck
p.s. you will aso need a can of "wipe clean" also from bruce.
I would say short of refinishing the floor you are going to end up with a compromise you will live to regret.
Waxing a wood floor is not a good idea in the long run. Why do you think wall to wall carpet was the rage in the 70's and 80's? Waxing wood floors is a lot of work. (ask your grandmother) My thoughts are if you don't have anything better to do with your time than wax and buff wood floors, you need a hobby.
The urethanes today make wood floor care a snap. Actually easier to maintain than carpet. I would think carefully before not biting the bullet and refinishing the floors and starting over with a clean slate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes