My husband thinks our 44 lb. dog will scratch up a uniclick or alloc floor and wants to put in ceramic tile in our kitchen foyer and in our powderoom. The retailer says it would take more than that. Does anyone have any experience with this? thanks!
almost any laminate floor will stand up ,with out a problem,to your dog.however a ceramic floor would be even better....good luck
A laminate floor should hold up to your 44 pound dog. The question is whether your dog can hold up to a laminate floor. By that I mean they offer no traction and could result in your dog slipping and falling. Many animals are afraid of laminate floors after one or two falls.
Ceramic tiles offer more traction and might be more animal friendly.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight