The tile in my kitchen (circa 1955) is in good shape except the countertop. I'm hoping to salvage the backsplash and counter trim, but I can't find any modern tile that matches. Are there any sources for authentic or reproduction mid-century tile (20th, that is)?
Yeah, the challenge is that there are two types of tile there now. I'd like to remove the countertop and replace it totally (so it doesn't have to "match" exactly), but I'm worried about damaging the backsplash and trim pieces during tile removal, so would like a backup plan to replace those. Also, it sure would be nice to find more of what the countertop is made of - it's pretty cool - mottled mocha color, but I don't expect to find it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!