Wanted: How to Video installing linolium
Any help appreciated...
As for "sinking house"-- are you saying that the house is a lost cause? Why? Are you on one of those California sea-side cliffs or something? Is it totally unworthy of propping up?
I ask because (typically) repairs such as this make it much more valuable for resale...and no doubt, more pleasureable to live in...plus then maybe it'd be worth springing for hardwood or pergo?
Hopefully the library can help you find a video. Our library system here (Colorado) is great; we can request books/videos/etc from both inside and outside our library system. I wouldn't be surprised if yours has a similar arrangement....and the price is right!
I'm also hoping that one of the regular flooring gurus will respond with some recommendations.
Best of luck all around,
when you add it all up $40.00a sy,with you doing all the work,would you concider a low level comercial carpet glued direct to the existing subfloor,the carpet will take about a week to "gas off" (get rid of the glue and dye smell) after that vacuming the carpet daily will get rid of dust and dirt..you could have a carpet installed for you for about $12.00 sy or even less....good luck
You can float the entire floor with embossing levelor, and put down VCT for half the trouble, and half the cost of Linolium. It comes in various colors, for makeing your own designs. (And best of all it will conform easily to your warped floor. )
You can buy VCT for about $30-$35 a box, and 1 box covers 45 sft.
One House could be tiled with VCT (1200 sft house) for about $1,000.
Hope I helped.
Both Home Depot and Lowe's carry a kit called a quaranteed installation kit. These kits contain all the info you need to install vinyl flooring and if you follow the instructions they quarantee the installation or will pay to replace the vinyl. This might be something to look into.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight