looks like i am missing something - hardwood install
Is this wood floor a snap together engineered?
Is this a laminate (plastic) floor?
there is no snap together solid wood floor.
if this is not the correct way then which way should we do it? I would appreciate any tips or direction as to what book to buy, etc etc.
do not forget at least a 6 mil poly underneath the pad, or a pad with a moisture barrier.
I bought 30 boxes of Armstrong Bruce Engineered Hardwoods tonight. I read the instructions for installation very careful(they must be followed in order for the warranty to be valid), and the installation steps said to spread the glue on the floor and lay down the floor a piece at a time. The guys at ***** said that they have done lots of these floors and they recommend putting down a latex primer on the concrete to seal against water...
Why would I do something different than the manufacture's installation instructions?
Let me know what I am missing,
Glueing wood flooring directly to concrete is a proven practice, but has applications. In MOST case, 3/4" hardwood is not recommended, but can be done. There is 1 or manufacturers that sell flooring that can be glued to concrete. The 3/4" oak I installed was glued to concrete without any problems while I was there for 7 years. Also, engineered flooring is specifically made to be glued to concrete, but do NOT glue it to a plywood subfloor! The flooring that I have recently bought is a 1/2" Australian cypress that is OK to glue down.
Do some research on the glue, though, as some glues are made for engineered floor, while others for laminate. Also, check the trowel teeth size to be sure to get the appropriate amount of glue on the concrete.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes