looks like i am missing something - hardwood install
Is this wood floor a snap together engineered?
Is this a laminate (plastic) floor?
there is no snap together solid wood floor.
if this is not the correct way then which way should we do it? I would appreciate any tips or direction as to what book to buy, etc etc.
do not forget at least a 6 mil poly underneath the pad, or a pad with a moisture barrier.
I bought 30 boxes of Armstrong Bruce Engineered Hardwoods tonight. I read the instructions for installation very careful(they must be followed in order for the warranty to be valid), and the installation steps said to spread the glue on the floor and lay down the floor a piece at a time. The guys at ***** said that they have done lots of these floors and they recommend putting down a latex primer on the concrete to seal against water...
Why would I do something different than the manufacture's installation instructions?
Let me know what I am missing,
Glueing wood flooring directly to concrete is a proven practice, but has applications. In MOST case, 3/4" hardwood is not recommended, but can be done. There is 1 or manufacturers that sell flooring that can be glued to concrete. The 3/4" oak I installed was glued to concrete without any problems while I was there for 7 years. Also, engineered flooring is specifically made to be glued to concrete, but do NOT glue it to a plywood subfloor! The flooring that I have recently bought is a 1/2" Australian cypress that is OK to glue down.
Do some research on the glue, though, as some glues are made for engineered floor, while others for laminate. Also, check the trowel teeth size to be sure to get the appropriate amount of glue on the concrete.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects