Peel & Stick vinyl tiles
Sheet vinyl has its flaws, but in my opinion is way better over time. Obviously it's harder to install...you might try reading some earlier posts on the subject. And with sheet vinyl, you get what you pay for.
Hmmmm, suddenly you may have a bigger project than you'd hoped....
Maybe buying a more sturdy tile that needs to be adhered with glue is the way to go. Maybe like an Amtico or something.
Whether you use sheet vinyl or squares, you'll want to remove the commode first and the wall trim. Removing and reinstalling those is the biggest part of the job. If you damage the trim in removing, you'll have to replace, or at least repaint it.
I also agree on not using peel and stick tiles.
Near impossible to lay in a straight line because they try to stick to fast.
You will see gaps open up over time when it shrinks, which is not a good thing in a bathroom.
Color does not goal the way through.
That multi ply must be fastened every 4" on the edges and from 6 to 8" in the field.
All flaws, seams, hammer marks need to be filled.
No way would I be laying it over old tile or linoleum as suggested!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers