Peel & Stick vinyl tiles
Maybe buying a more sturdy tile that needs to be adhered with glue is the way to go. Maybe like an Amtico or something.
Whether you use sheet vinyl or squares, you'll want to remove the commode first and the wall trim. Removing and reinstalling those is the biggest part of the job. If you damage the trim in removing, you'll have to replace, or at least repaint it.
I also agree on not using peel and stick tiles.
Near impossible to lay in a straight line because they try to stick to fast.
You will see gaps open up over time when it shrinks, which is not a good thing in a bathroom.
Color does not goal the way through.
That multi ply must be fastened every 4" on the edges and from 6 to 8" in the field.
All flaws, seams, hammer marks need to be filled.
No way would I be laying it over old tile or linoleum as suggested!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees