Newbie to all type of floor options and I have questions
I am considering True Linoleum tiles (Forbo Marmoleum brand), rather than vinyl or ceramic tiles. I'd like to attempt the installation myself, and think that this type of tile would be easier to work with that ceramic, and is longer lasting than vinyl. I have zero handywoman experience and wonder if this may be too big a job to jump into? I am also hoping that Marmoleum is a good choice for a laundry room with this type of subflooring? Any advice, warnings, atta girls or whatever? Any other suggestions for better flooring choices? Any good resources out there on HOW to lay this linoleum? Btw- the room is about 8' x 12' and is not perfectly square.
I would not install Lino on chip board, either you could replace with new plywood, or install new 1/4 sanded plywood to put on top, that way your lino will last alot longer. I am sure Marmoleum would agree.
If all that is too much, you could check out some laminate, although I am a big fan of Lino, Laminate is relatively easy to install, and does not have a subfloor requirement. And if you washer floods, it will toast whatever floor there is anyway.
good luck and keep us informed!
read the instructions carefully,make sure the product is a room temp.for the required time and use the correct adhesive.....good luck
However, I still need to close on this house! Should happen tomorrow or Wednesday... keeping fingers crossed.
Tracy in Dolores CO
The kit contains a very large sheet of paper that you use to lay down on the existing floor, and some tape to hold it in place, while you use the marker and roller to mark the outside edges around the walls, etc.
Then, you cut the paper on the marks and lay it on the back of the tile you're going to use. Marking around the paper on the underside of the tile allows you to cut out exactly the right piece of tile to fit the room.
I'ts great for beginners.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY