Newbie to all type of floor options and I have questions
I am considering True Linoleum tiles (Forbo Marmoleum brand), rather than vinyl or ceramic tiles. I'd like to attempt the installation myself, and think that this type of tile would be easier to work with that ceramic, and is longer lasting than vinyl. I have zero handywoman experience and wonder if this may be too big a job to jump into? I am also hoping that Marmoleum is a good choice for a laundry room with this type of subflooring? Any advice, warnings, atta girls or whatever? Any other suggestions for better flooring choices? Any good resources out there on HOW to lay this linoleum? Btw- the room is about 8' x 12' and is not perfectly square.
I would not install Lino on chip board, either you could replace with new plywood, or install new 1/4 sanded plywood to put on top, that way your lino will last alot longer. I am sure Marmoleum would agree.
If all that is too much, you could check out some laminate, although I am a big fan of Lino, Laminate is relatively easy to install, and does not have a subfloor requirement. And if you washer floods, it will toast whatever floor there is anyway.
good luck and keep us informed!
read the instructions carefully,make sure the product is a room temp.for the required time and use the correct adhesive.....good luck
However, I still need to close on this house! Should happen tomorrow or Wednesday... keeping fingers crossed.
Tracy in Dolores CO
The kit contains a very large sheet of paper that you use to lay down on the existing floor, and some tape to hold it in place, while you use the marker and roller to mark the outside edges around the walls, etc.
Then, you cut the paper on the marks and lay it on the back of the tile you're going to use. Marking around the paper on the underside of the tile allows you to cut out exactly the right piece of tile to fit the room.
I'ts great for beginners.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees