old house floors
Not sure I can be a help here or not--but what the hey--that's never stopped me before from putting in my two cents!
I would think that a typical landlord would take an interest in keeping the house at least in reasonably good state of repair.
Whether they're "great" (as you say) or not, it sounds like they're willing to write the problem off as "character". But the long-term dilapidation of the property is more the landlord's problem than yours (as he gets to take all the tax deductions, etc., that go with renting out his property. I mean, can't they have it fixed, and write off the expenses???)
As for the prospect of the dresser falling on your child, I'd first be taking steps to ensure that doesn't happen. Screw it to the wall, or whatever it takes. If it's this bad, the landlord could have liability issues--but you sure don't want it to come to that.
As renters, you shouldn't need to pay for structural modifications, etc. Your job is more to live there for the price of the rent, and to let the landlord know of problems so he can fix them--and hopefully he will.....at some point...
old hardwood floors
how do I bring back the luster to my old wood floors
Old hardwood floors!
Old creaky floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight