My son's house has 2 places (one bath and the kitchen) where the tile seems to be shrinking. The house is 3 years old.
I've not heard of this. Does some linoleum tile actually shrink? It is not just a hairline -- it's a couple of inches in the kitchen. Is there a fix other than total replacement?
yes a lot of lino and vinyl floors will shrink .there is normaly a reason due to temp.extreme heat or cold,also some sheet vinyl is glued at the edge only,and it can pull away from the wall..your best bet is have someone look at it.(it may be the store that installed the floor will replace it under warrenty)or perhaps get an estimate for a new floor(free estimate)and ask that guy what happened.............good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight