My son's house has 2 places (one bath and the kitchen) where the tile seems to be shrinking. The house is 3 years old.
I've not heard of this. Does some linoleum tile actually shrink? It is not just a hairline -- it's a couple of inches in the kitchen. Is there a fix other than total replacement?
yes a lot of lino and vinyl floors will shrink .there is normaly a reason due to temp.extreme heat or cold,also some sheet vinyl is glued at the edge only,and it can pull away from the wall..your best bet is have someone look at it.(it may be the store that installed the floor will replace it under warrenty)or perhaps get an estimate for a new floor(free estimate)and ask that guy what happened.............good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!