My son's house has 2 places (one bath and the kitchen) where the tile seems to be shrinking. The house is 3 years old.
I've not heard of this. Does some linoleum tile actually shrink? It is not just a hairline -- it's a couple of inches in the kitchen. Is there a fix other than total replacement?
yes a lot of lino and vinyl floors will shrink .there is normaly a reason due to temp.extreme heat or cold,also some sheet vinyl is glued at the edge only,and it can pull away from the wall..your best bet is have someone look at it.(it may be the store that installed the floor will replace it under warrenty)or perhaps get an estimate for a new floor(free estimate)and ask that guy what happened.............good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight