We are moving to a new house that has marble floors. We would like to know about placing furniture,( tables, chairs etc.) on the marble. Does it break or scratch easily.
We have a very heavy metal & glass table with very small legs. Would this be a problem?
it depends on color and gloss, but best to get area rugs and furniture protectors. Also Marble is VERY sensitive to acidics, so do not drop sliced orange on it.
marble is a very soft natural stone,that is easy to scratch and stain...that said,don't worry to much find out if the floor has been "sealed" how often does it need to be done (who installed the tile will recommend a maintaince schedule)...as for scratches other than carpet,what floor doesn't.use common sense , and furiniture rests.....good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!