We are moving to a new house that has marble floors. We would like to know about placing furniture,( tables, chairs etc.) on the marble. Does it break or scratch easily.
We have a very heavy metal & glass table with very small legs. Would this be a problem?
it depends on color and gloss, but best to get area rugs and furniture protectors. Also Marble is VERY sensitive to acidics, so do not drop sliced orange on it.
marble is a very soft natural stone,that is easy to scratch and stain...that said,don't worry to much find out if the floor has been "sealed" how often does it need to be done (who installed the tile will recommend a maintaince schedule)...as for scratches other than carpet,what floor doesn't.use common sense , and furiniture rests.....good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects