We are moving to a new house that has marble floors. We would like to know about placing furniture,( tables, chairs etc.) on the marble. Does it break or scratch easily.
We have a very heavy metal & glass table with very small legs. Would this be a problem?
it depends on color and gloss, but best to get area rugs and furniture protectors. Also Marble is VERY sensitive to acidics, so do not drop sliced orange on it.
marble is a very soft natural stone,that is easy to scratch and stain...that said,don't worry to much find out if the floor has been "sealed" how often does it need to be done (who installed the tile will recommend a maintaince schedule)...as for scratches other than carpet,what floor doesn't.use common sense , and furiniture rests.....good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight