Stupid me!!!! I leaned a hot oven rack on my nearly white vinly floor in my kitchen, left it there, and burned my floor. I have a 2 foot brown, burn indention on my floor. It is near a wall where I can't cover it up with a mat. Any suggestions to camoflouge it?
Maybe an item that would look good sitting there, like a hamper or something I guess. Unfortunately unless you have a piece of the same vinyl hanging around, a patch cannot be done.
i've never tried this, nor do i know that it will work, but since it seems there is no answer but to tear the entire floor up or cover it with another vinyl. you may be able to cut out a piece of vinyl that matches that pattern , from an inconspicuous area, like under the fridge. you will only be able to get up the top coating like scoring and peeling a sticker off of cardboard box. cut out the damaged area to match the piece cut by laying the new piece over it. then just glue it down with vinyl adhesive and add seam sealer to the edges. seams will be noticable but better than a large burn mark, give you a little longer life out of the floor untill you can afford to replace or care to.
Asbestos seeping through the cracks of my wooden floor?
Laminate/Pergo floor over Vinyl in Kitchen
Ceramic tile over old vinyl
Tiling over vinyl floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight