Stupid me!!!! I leaned a hot oven rack on my nearly white vinly floor in my kitchen, left it there, and burned my floor. I have a 2 foot brown, burn indention on my floor. It is near a wall where I can't cover it up with a mat. Any suggestions to camoflouge it?
Maybe an item that would look good sitting there, like a hamper or something I guess. Unfortunately unless you have a piece of the same vinyl hanging around, a patch cannot be done.
i've never tried this, nor do i know that it will work, but since it seems there is no answer but to tear the entire floor up or cover it with another vinyl. you may be able to cut out a piece of vinyl that matches that pattern , from an inconspicuous area, like under the fridge. you will only be able to get up the top coating like scoring and peeling a sticker off of cardboard box. cut out the damaged area to match the piece cut by laying the new piece over it. then just glue it down with vinyl adhesive and add seam sealer to the edges. seams will be noticable but better than a large burn mark, give you a little longer life out of the floor untill you can afford to replace or care to.
Asbestos seeping through the cracks of my wooden floor?
Laminate/Pergo floor over Vinyl in Kitchen
Ceramic tile over old vinyl
Vinyl floor shrinking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes