Stupid me!!!! I leaned a hot oven rack on my nearly white vinly floor in my kitchen, left it there, and burned my floor. I have a 2 foot brown, burn indention on my floor. It is near a wall where I can't cover it up with a mat. Any suggestions to camoflouge it?
Maybe an item that would look good sitting there, like a hamper or something I guess. Unfortunately unless you have a piece of the same vinyl hanging around, a patch cannot be done.
i've never tried this, nor do i know that it will work, but since it seems there is no answer but to tear the entire floor up or cover it with another vinyl. you may be able to cut out a piece of vinyl that matches that pattern , from an inconspicuous area, like under the fridge. you will only be able to get up the top coating like scoring and peeling a sticker off of cardboard box. cut out the damaged area to match the piece cut by laying the new piece over it. then just glue it down with vinyl adhesive and add seam sealer to the edges. seams will be noticable but better than a large burn mark, give you a little longer life out of the floor untill you can afford to replace or care to.
Asbestos seeping through the cracks of my wooden floor?
Laminate/Pergo floor over Vinyl in Kitchen
Ceramic tile over old vinyl
Vinyl floor shrinking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!