Stupid me!!!! I leaned a hot oven rack on my nearly white vinly floor in my kitchen, left it there, and burned my floor. I have a 2 foot brown, burn indention on my floor. It is near a wall where I can't cover it up with a mat. Any suggestions to camoflouge it?
Maybe an item that would look good sitting there, like a hamper or something I guess. Unfortunately unless you have a piece of the same vinyl hanging around, a patch cannot be done.
i've never tried this, nor do i know that it will work, but since it seems there is no answer but to tear the entire floor up or cover it with another vinyl. you may be able to cut out a piece of vinyl that matches that pattern , from an inconspicuous area, like under the fridge. you will only be able to get up the top coating like scoring and peeling a sticker off of cardboard box. cut out the damaged area to match the piece cut by laying the new piece over it. then just glue it down with vinyl adhesive and add seam sealer to the edges. seams will be noticable but better than a large burn mark, give you a little longer life out of the floor untill you can afford to replace or care to.
Asbestos seeping through the cracks of my wooden floor?
Laminate/Pergo floor over Vinyl in Kitchen
Ceramic tile over old vinyl
Vinyl floor shrinking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!