removing plastic tiles
I thought I had an experience that I would never have occasion to pass to another unfortunate victim of plastic tile.
We had all colors, in many rooms. It was stuck on with some sort of nasty, orange-brown adhesive.
Popping the tiles off takes no time at all. But getting that adhesive off the plaster takes forever. You'll need a vicious and viscous remover. I can't remember what we used. You know why? It was so nasty I can't remember much of anything since we used it.
And you'll need a very rugged scraper. Expect to bleed some from the knuckles.
Expect some wall repair when you are finished. We smoothed out the biggest gouges and wallpapered over it. If you are tiling over it, obviously you can get away with less removing and no patching.
In our basement, we popped off the tile and put gallons and gallons of drywall mud over the adhesive rather than remove it. So we have a very rough wall, but hey, it is a basement.
Maybe you'll be lucky and the adhesive will be different, and therefore easier.
Good luck. I need to be picking out a casket now for the early grave that the remover is sending me to.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers