in general terms it is much easier to float than to glue down,and a lot faster.because of how the floating floor is made(it looks like 3 strips of wood to a plank)you will need to be careful of the "seams" but if you make sure you hold them together,you won't have a problem....good luck
I have yet to run into one.
floorcraft.....most mgf refer to there floating floors as "long strip or floating,engineered.bruce devides its products as "solid" engineered" & "floating" the floating floor is engineered in layers same as an engineered floor.but bruce ,tarkett, and a few others say in there handbooks a true engineered floor should be glued,stapled or nailed,not floated ....good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 23, 2004).]
And doesnt Bruce also say it is o.k. to glue natural refections down on concrete?
Seems like they like thinking outside the box.
I happen to like a solid feel, and I just might nail down my Kahrs wood, I know it's o.k. but I was not aware Bruce does not recommend floating their engineered.
good info to know.
natural reflections (5/16 solid) is a glue down or staple down product that should not be floated.
kahrs only mgf's a floating floor(as i understand it)that can be glued, nailed ,
when a floor is floated,it is install over a pad,and glued in the tounge and grove,not glued down....good luck
As you mentioned most Europeans do take everything when they move from light fixtures to kitchen sinks even their toilets!! We lived in Germany for 2 years and have seen this first hand..
Carpetman: What do you think of Natural reflections glued directly to concrete?
floorcraft..not a problem,just follow the basics...correct adhesive,prep the floor. moisture test.ect. ect.....from the top down you'll swear it's a 3/4" solid.. good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 25, 2004).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda