in general terms it is much easier to float than to glue down,and a lot faster.because of how the floating floor is made(it looks like 3 strips of wood to a plank)you will need to be careful of the "seams" but if you make sure you hold them together,you won't have a problem....good luck
I have yet to run into one.
floorcraft.....most mgf refer to there floating floors as "long strip or floating,engineered.bruce devides its products as "solid" engineered" & "floating" the floating floor is engineered in layers same as an engineered floor.but bruce ,tarkett, and a few others say in there handbooks a true engineered floor should be glued,stapled or nailed,not floated ....good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 23, 2004).]
And doesnt Bruce also say it is o.k. to glue natural refections down on concrete?
Seems like they like thinking outside the box.
I happen to like a solid feel, and I just might nail down my Kahrs wood, I know it's o.k. but I was not aware Bruce does not recommend floating their engineered.
good info to know.
natural reflections (5/16 solid) is a glue down or staple down product that should not be floated.
kahrs only mgf's a floating floor(as i understand it)that can be glued, nailed ,
when a floor is floated,it is install over a pad,and glued in the tounge and grove,not glued down....good luck
As you mentioned most Europeans do take everything when they move from light fixtures to kitchen sinks even their toilets!! We lived in Germany for 2 years and have seen this first hand..
Carpetman: What do you think of Natural reflections glued directly to concrete?
floorcraft..not a problem,just follow the basics...correct adhesive,prep the floor. moisture test.ect. ect.....from the top down you'll swear it's a 3/4" solid.. good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 25, 2004).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps