in general terms it is much easier to float than to glue down,and a lot faster.because of how the floating floor is made(it looks like 3 strips of wood to a plank)you will need to be careful of the "seams" but if you make sure you hold them together,you won't have a problem....good luck
I have yet to run into one.
floorcraft.....most mgf refer to there floating floors as "long strip or floating,engineered.bruce devides its products as "solid" engineered" & "floating" the floating floor is engineered in layers same as an engineered floor.but bruce ,tarkett, and a few others say in there handbooks a true engineered floor should be glued,stapled or nailed,not floated ....good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 23, 2004).]
And doesnt Bruce also say it is o.k. to glue natural refections down on concrete?
Seems like they like thinking outside the box.
I happen to like a solid feel, and I just might nail down my Kahrs wood, I know it's o.k. but I was not aware Bruce does not recommend floating their engineered.
good info to know.
natural reflections (5/16 solid) is a glue down or staple down product that should not be floated.
kahrs only mgf's a floating floor(as i understand it)that can be glued, nailed ,
when a floor is floated,it is install over a pad,and glued in the tounge and grove,not glued down....good luck
As you mentioned most Europeans do take everything when they move from light fixtures to kitchen sinks even their toilets!! We lived in Germany for 2 years and have seen this first hand..
Carpetman: What do you think of Natural reflections glued directly to concrete?
floorcraft..not a problem,just follow the basics...correct adhesive,prep the floor. moisture test.ect. ect.....from the top down you'll swear it's a 3/4" solid.. good luck
[This message has been edited by carpetman (edited January 25, 2004).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!