My house is 1 year old and the siding snaps, cracks & pops all the time. The noises are the worse in the morning and in my bedroom.....sometimes it sounds like someone is shooting bb's at my bedroom wall or breaking the siding off the house. I know that the siding is expanding because it's heated in the morning. But the popping noises are so loud & frequent, they wake me up throughout the night and esp. early morning.
My 1-year workmanship warranty expired on 7/25/04 and so I'm trying to get my builder to fix the problem, but they don't seem to know what's wrong.
Others have told me that either the siding is too loose or that it's too tight.
One person examined it and said it needed more nails because the siding popped when they just touched or pressed it.
Can you help me understand the problem so that I can explain it to the builders in order for them to fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps