My house is 1 year old and the siding snaps, cracks & pops all the time. The noises are the worse in the morning and in my bedroom.....sometimes it sounds like someone is shooting bb's at my bedroom wall or breaking the siding off the house. I know that the siding is expanding because it's heated in the morning. But the popping noises are so loud & frequent, they wake me up throughout the night and esp. early morning.
My 1-year workmanship warranty expired on 7/25/04 and so I'm trying to get my builder to fix the problem, but they don't seem to know what's wrong.
Others have told me that either the siding is too loose or that it's too tight.
One person examined it and said it needed more nails because the siding popped when they just touched or pressed it.
Can you help me understand the problem so that I can explain it to the builders in order for them to fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!