My house is 1 year old and the siding snaps, cracks & pops all the time. The noises are the worse in the morning and in my bedroom.....sometimes it sounds like someone is shooting bb's at my bedroom wall or breaking the siding off the house. I know that the siding is expanding because it's heated in the morning. But the popping noises are so loud & frequent, they wake me up throughout the night and esp. early morning.
My 1-year workmanship warranty expired on 7/25/04 and so I'm trying to get my builder to fix the problem, but they don't seem to know what's wrong.
Others have told me that either the siding is too loose or that it's too tight.
One person examined it and said it needed more nails because the siding popped when they just touched or pressed it.
Can you help me understand the problem so that I can explain it to the builders in order for them to fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!