Looking for some advice. We recently have a leak from our shower into the apt. beneath us. After numerous diagnostic tests we have found that it is likely a leak in the tile underneath the sliding glass door (which is about 5 inches above the floor). However, we wish to exclude the possibility that it is coming through the shower pan.
To address this, we tested the integrity of the floor (which has cermaic tiles) by covering up the drain and dumping water to cover the shower floor about 3 inches deep. After 24 hours, there was NO leak identified below (we have repeated this twice). Can we feel comfortable based on the above that the shower pan and floor is not leaking ??
We have also found that the pipes behind the wet-wall are not leaking after removing tiles in the adjacent guest bathroom. It leaks only when we point the shower head towards the sliding glass door.
I would appreciate any thoughts/comments.
On This on use common sense to solve the problem. First don't use the shower if possible for a week. Don't tell the downstairs guy. After a week ask if hes had ant more water??? Then Plug the drain again and fill with water for 4-5 days, The water will go down a little from evaporaztion. then again ask if any water from the downstairs guy??? If not then run the water slowly when the downstairs guy is home!!! And have him watch for water. If you get water now, it's the drain!!!
You performed the right test, next step would be to test the drain. What you can do is run a water hose down the drain and let the water run for a little and see if the leak is in the trap. I have ran into a broken trap before. Good Luck!
Ojeda Shower Pans
Ojeda Shower Pans
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight