Looking for some advice. We recently have a leak from our shower into the apt. beneath us. After numerous diagnostic tests we have found that it is likely a leak in the tile underneath the sliding glass door (which is about 5 inches above the floor). However, we wish to exclude the possibility that it is coming through the shower pan.
To address this, we tested the integrity of the floor (which has cermaic tiles) by covering up the drain and dumping water to cover the shower floor about 3 inches deep. After 24 hours, there was NO leak identified below (we have repeated this twice). Can we feel comfortable based on the above that the shower pan and floor is not leaking ??
We have also found that the pipes behind the wet-wall are not leaking after removing tiles in the adjacent guest bathroom. It leaks only when we point the shower head towards the sliding glass door.
I would appreciate any thoughts/comments.
On This on use common sense to solve the problem. First don't use the shower if possible for a week. Don't tell the downstairs guy. After a week ask if hes had ant more water??? Then Plug the drain again and fill with water for 4-5 days, The water will go down a little from evaporaztion. then again ask if any water from the downstairs guy??? If not then run the water slowly when the downstairs guy is home!!! And have him watch for water. If you get water now, it's the drain!!!
You performed the right test, next step would be to test the drain. What you can do is run a water hose down the drain and let the water run for a little and see if the leak is in the trap. I have ran into a broken trap before. Good Luck!
Ojeda Shower Pans
Ojeda Shower Pans
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers