I was wondering if anyone had some great advice for how best to remove a vinyl or rubber baseboard. I tried pulling it away from the cabinetry with a pry bar, but there's so much adhesive that it won't budge much.
Should I use a heat gun? If so, what would I do exactly? Pry some base away and shoot the heat down, or heat the entire base and peel?
Thanks for your help!
You can definitely use a heat gun. I would just heat the surface of the base. The residual heat from the surface would soften the adhesive underneath. Just be careful not to concentrate on one area too long..wouldn't want to damage the cabinets.
Thanks, floorguy! I will definitely get a heat gun this weekend. I wonder if the heat might damage the Pergo flooring under the baseboard? Or, do I just aim the heat at the center of the base, and avoid the flooring?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs