I was wondering if anyone had some great advice for how best to remove a vinyl or rubber baseboard. I tried pulling it away from the cabinetry with a pry bar, but there's so much adhesive that it won't budge much.
Should I use a heat gun? If so, what would I do exactly? Pry some base away and shoot the heat down, or heat the entire base and peel?
Thanks for your help!
You can definitely use a heat gun. I would just heat the surface of the base. The residual heat from the surface would soften the adhesive underneath. Just be careful not to concentrate on one area too long..wouldn't want to damage the cabinets.
Thanks, floorguy! I will definitely get a heat gun this weekend. I wonder if the heat might damage the Pergo flooring under the baseboard? Or, do I just aim the heat at the center of the base, and avoid the flooring?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets