I was wondering if anyone had some great advice for how best to remove a vinyl or rubber baseboard. I tried pulling it away from the cabinetry with a pry bar, but there's so much adhesive that it won't budge much.
Should I use a heat gun? If so, what would I do exactly? Pry some base away and shoot the heat down, or heat the entire base and peel?
Thanks for your help!
You can definitely use a heat gun. I would just heat the surface of the base. The residual heat from the surface would soften the adhesive underneath. Just be careful not to concentrate on one area too long..wouldn't want to damage the cabinets.
Thanks, floorguy! I will definitely get a heat gun this weekend. I wonder if the heat might damage the Pergo flooring under the baseboard? Or, do I just aim the heat at the center of the base, and avoid the flooring?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY