I'm about to purchase a colonial, over 100YRS old. It's so beautiful, I'm looking past the second floor. Home inspector said that everything looked great, until he got to the second floor :(
The home is being sold "As is", but I'm afraid I may be taking a bath, and fall through the second floor. However, in the contract, seller "Agrees" to provide "CO"!
However, everyone that has looked at it, said there's no way anyone would give a co. Homeowner has lived in town his whole life, as well as past family, and know's EVERYONE at municipality, AND had inspector come out for CO and only three minor thing's needed to be replaced. Nothing was said about second floor "Floors"! HMMM
At any rate. I overlooked them all, as I've been in many homes that are so old, ALLLL the harwood floors looked like these do. If you put a marble down in every room, it's rolling!
In the 4 bedrooms upstairs, there's a bow in the center of everyroom. The one bathroom floor (Tile) slants down. And the other bedroom floor, carpet, with hardwood underneath, slants down as well.
I'm so dissapointed, as I thought it was no big deal, but everyone else is saying otherwise. Homeowner says it's fine, just OLD! Do we have water damage under there, or WHAT? Yankee basement was dry? What causes that besides age, and is it a "MAJOR" PROJECT to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!