I'm about to purchase a colonial, over 100YRS old. It's so beautiful, I'm looking past the second floor. Home inspector said that everything looked great, until he got to the second floor :(
The home is being sold "As is", but I'm afraid I may be taking a bath, and fall through the second floor. However, in the contract, seller "Agrees" to provide "CO"!
However, everyone that has looked at it, said there's no way anyone would give a co. Homeowner has lived in town his whole life, as well as past family, and know's EVERYONE at municipality, AND had inspector come out for CO and only three minor thing's needed to be replaced. Nothing was said about second floor "Floors"! HMMM
At any rate. I overlooked them all, as I've been in many homes that are so old, ALLLL the harwood floors looked like these do. If you put a marble down in every room, it's rolling!
In the 4 bedrooms upstairs, there's a bow in the center of everyroom. The one bathroom floor (Tile) slants down. And the other bedroom floor, carpet, with hardwood underneath, slants down as well.
I'm so dissapointed, as I thought it was no big deal, but everyone else is saying otherwise. Homeowner says it's fine, just OLD! Do we have water damage under there, or WHAT? Yankee basement was dry? What causes that besides age, and is it a "MAJOR" PROJECT to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!