I'm about to purchase a colonial, over 100YRS old. It's so beautiful, I'm looking past the second floor. Home inspector said that everything looked great, until he got to the second floor :(
The home is being sold "As is", but I'm afraid I may be taking a bath, and fall through the second floor. However, in the contract, seller "Agrees" to provide "CO"!
However, everyone that has looked at it, said there's no way anyone would give a co. Homeowner has lived in town his whole life, as well as past family, and know's EVERYONE at municipality, AND had inspector come out for CO and only three minor thing's needed to be replaced. Nothing was said about second floor "Floors"! HMMM
At any rate. I overlooked them all, as I've been in many homes that are so old, ALLLL the harwood floors looked like these do. If you put a marble down in every room, it's rolling!
In the 4 bedrooms upstairs, there's a bow in the center of everyroom. The one bathroom floor (Tile) slants down. And the other bedroom floor, carpet, with hardwood underneath, slants down as well.
I'm so dissapointed, as I thought it was no big deal, but everyone else is saying otherwise. Homeowner says it's fine, just OLD! Do we have water damage under there, or WHAT? Yankee basement was dry? What causes that besides age, and is it a "MAJOR" PROJECT to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes