I'm about to purchase a colonial, over 100YRS old. It's so beautiful, I'm looking past the second floor. Home inspector said that everything looked great, until he got to the second floor :(
The home is being sold "As is", but I'm afraid I may be taking a bath, and fall through the second floor. However, in the contract, seller "Agrees" to provide "CO"!
However, everyone that has looked at it, said there's no way anyone would give a co. Homeowner has lived in town his whole life, as well as past family, and know's EVERYONE at municipality, AND had inspector come out for CO and only three minor thing's needed to be replaced. Nothing was said about second floor "Floors"! HMMM
At any rate. I overlooked them all, as I've been in many homes that are so old, ALLLL the harwood floors looked like these do. If you put a marble down in every room, it's rolling!
In the 4 bedrooms upstairs, there's a bow in the center of everyroom. The one bathroom floor (Tile) slants down. And the other bedroom floor, carpet, with hardwood underneath, slants down as well.
I'm so dissapointed, as I thought it was no big deal, but everyone else is saying otherwise. Homeowner says it's fine, just OLD! Do we have water damage under there, or WHAT? Yankee basement was dry? What causes that besides age, and is it a "MAJOR" PROJECT to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects