got 7/8 inch subfloor, want to put down
wonderboard....will the thin set mortar
warp or bubble the subfloor which is particle board? do i need to put down plywood first? i am right now getting ready to do the job!!!!
thank you so much.
my husband says thanks too:)
Yes, the mortar will ruin the particle board. I absolutely will not install ceramic over a floor with particle board in the subfloor. Some people will cap it with plywood first, then install the backerboard, but particle board is way too unstable for my taste. If you want to make sure the floor will be there as long as the house, remove the particle board. Replace it with plywood and proceed as usual. It's a little more work, no more money (since u'r considering installing plywood anyway), and the peace of mind is well worth the extra effort.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!