Our tile floor has been down 10 years and now suddenly the grout is becoming white looking and splotchy. The grout is a brown color so the white looks awful. Tried cleaning with grout cleaner, CLR---all kinds of things. Nothing helps. Got any ideas or suggestions? Would appreciate them. HATE to have to take up the tile, but unless we get a solution, that seems to be the way we're headed.
As long as the grout is in good condition (i.e. not powdery or flaking) there's no reason to remove any of the flooring. If you're only concern is the color of the grout, you can purchase grout colorants from any flooring store. You want to first clean the grout with sulfamic acid. Not as strong as muriatic and will not etch the tile or grout if used in the proper concentration. I know it can be purchased at H.o.me Dep.ot. The sulfamic acid will dissolve everything on the surface of the grout and make sure the pores are open. Then, you can apply the colorant and darken the grout to it's original color.
TimberTech XLM turning white
Timber Tech Turning White Desert Bronze
XLM turning white
Mortar turning white in areas - Antifreeze bleeding ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes