Our tile floor has been down 10 years and now suddenly the grout is becoming white looking and splotchy. The grout is a brown color so the white looks awful. Tried cleaning with grout cleaner, CLR---all kinds of things. Nothing helps. Got any ideas or suggestions? Would appreciate them. HATE to have to take up the tile, but unless we get a solution, that seems to be the way we're headed.
As long as the grout is in good condition (i.e. not powdery or flaking) there's no reason to remove any of the flooring. If you're only concern is the color of the grout, you can purchase grout colorants from any flooring store. You want to first clean the grout with sulfamic acid. Not as strong as muriatic and will not etch the tile or grout if used in the proper concentration. I know it can be purchased at H.o.me Dep.ot. The sulfamic acid will dissolve everything on the surface of the grout and make sure the pores are open. Then, you can apply the colorant and darken the grout to it's original color.
TimberTech XLM turning white
Timber Tech Turning White Desert Bronze
XLM turning white
Mortar turning white in areas - Antifreeze bleeding ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!