Our tile floor has been down 10 years and now suddenly the grout is becoming white looking and splotchy. The grout is a brown color so the white looks awful. Tried cleaning with grout cleaner, CLR---all kinds of things. Nothing helps. Got any ideas or suggestions? Would appreciate them. HATE to have to take up the tile, but unless we get a solution, that seems to be the way we're headed.
As long as the grout is in good condition (i.e. not powdery or flaking) there's no reason to remove any of the flooring. If you're only concern is the color of the grout, you can purchase grout colorants from any flooring store. You want to first clean the grout with sulfamic acid. Not as strong as muriatic and will not etch the tile or grout if used in the proper concentration. I know it can be purchased at H.o.me Dep.ot. The sulfamic acid will dissolve everything on the surface of the grout and make sure the pores are open. Then, you can apply the colorant and darken the grout to it's original color.
TimberTech XLM turning white
Timber Tech Turning White Desert Bronze
XLM turning white
Mortar turning white in areas - Antifreeze bleeding ...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight