Just bought a house this week. It is an old house, est 1930, that a contractor bought 7yrs ago and totally reburbished.
There used to be a full length front porch, but he basically blew out the front of the house and brought out the dining room and living room to where the front of the porch used to be.
Im not sure what he did when he did this, but the floor in the dining room is not level. There is a noticeable ridge where the cinderblock foundation started for the porch. So the room slopes up from one wall, hits this peak, then slopes back down to the other. I didnt measure how off it was, will do that later today, but it has to be at least 3/4 at each wall(from peak).
I ripped up the rugs, and saw there was particle board....ripped that up and saw that 1/4 of the particle board was over the original hardwood floor, and the rest of the room was over where the porch used to be, more or less a crawl space now.
My Question is....what are some ideas on how to level this off? Ideally id like to install hardwood flooring to go with the rest of the first floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs