Just bought a house this week. It is an old house, est 1930, that a contractor bought 7yrs ago and totally reburbished.
There used to be a full length front porch, but he basically blew out the front of the house and brought out the dining room and living room to where the front of the porch used to be.
Im not sure what he did when he did this, but the floor in the dining room is not level. There is a noticeable ridge where the cinderblock foundation started for the porch. So the room slopes up from one wall, hits this peak, then slopes back down to the other. I didnt measure how off it was, will do that later today, but it has to be at least 3/4 at each wall(from peak).
I ripped up the rugs, and saw there was particle board....ripped that up and saw that 1/4 of the particle board was over the original hardwood floor, and the rest of the room was over where the porch used to be, more or less a crawl space now.
My Question is....what are some ideas on how to level this off? Ideally id like to install hardwood flooring to go with the rest of the first floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes