Just bought a house this week. It is an old house, est 1930, that a contractor bought 7yrs ago and totally reburbished.
There used to be a full length front porch, but he basically blew out the front of the house and brought out the dining room and living room to where the front of the porch used to be.
Im not sure what he did when he did this, but the floor in the dining room is not level. There is a noticeable ridge where the cinderblock foundation started for the porch. So the room slopes up from one wall, hits this peak, then slopes back down to the other. I didnt measure how off it was, will do that later today, but it has to be at least 3/4 at each wall(from peak).
I ripped up the rugs, and saw there was particle board....ripped that up and saw that 1/4 of the particle board was over the original hardwood floor, and the rest of the room was over where the porch used to be, more or less a crawl space now.
My Question is....what are some ideas on how to level this off? Ideally id like to install hardwood flooring to go with the rest of the first floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them