Just bought a house this week. It is an old house, est 1930, that a contractor bought 7yrs ago and totally reburbished.
There used to be a full length front porch, but he basically blew out the front of the house and brought out the dining room and living room to where the front of the porch used to be.
Im not sure what he did when he did this, but the floor in the dining room is not level. There is a noticeable ridge where the cinderblock foundation started for the porch. So the room slopes up from one wall, hits this peak, then slopes back down to the other. I didnt measure how off it was, will do that later today, but it has to be at least 3/4 at each wall(from peak).
I ripped up the rugs, and saw there was particle board....ripped that up and saw that 1/4 of the particle board was over the original hardwood floor, and the rest of the room was over where the porch used to be, more or less a crawl space now.
My Question is....what are some ideas on how to level this off? Ideally id like to install hardwood flooring to go with the rest of the first floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!